Saturday, July 7, 2012

Birthday Party No. 2

A couple weeks ago, my bff Alyssa and I were talking and I shared my excitement at the realization of the 36 birthday parties I was going to be planning as my little girls grow up.  Her thought was to write a book- mine was to restart my blog.  What fitting timing too, as Alice's 2nd birthday party was in the works! 

For the weeks leading up to the party, I tried to prepare Alice for her party.  The week before, we went to Cousin Ryanne's birthday party so Alice kind of had an idea.  (Although no bounce house for this birthday princess!) I explained that the decorations, cups, presents, etc. were for her birthday party and she'd smile and nod with excitement every time.  Well, if the night before the party was like Santa's workshop in our house with Mom, Jim, and I hanging, cooking, and prepping, the morning was definitely like Christmas!  Alice was so excited to see all the decorations in place and confidently pointed out each element and announced "B-Party!"  Success...

So to kick-off this new blog, some shots of the party! 














2 comments:

  1. Love that you are doing your blog again! So glad we were able to share Alice's special day!

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some pretty gorgeous pictures of everything! It was a great party!! I especially LOVE the pic of her mouth open wide!!!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete